Anadarko Petroleum Operations in Ghana
According to Ghana Business & Finance Anadarko plans to use Ghana as a launch pad for its West Africa operations. As of 2011 the company held exploratory licenses also in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Cote d'Ivoire.
Anadarko holds a 30.875% interest in the West Cape Three Points (WCTP) Block, operated by Kosmos Energy at the offshore Jubilee Field. The remaining partners are Tullow Oil, Sabre Oil and Gas and the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC).
Anadarko holds an 18% working interest in the Deepwater Tano Block, also at the Jubilee field, where Tullow is the operator. Other partners are Kosmos Energy, Sabre Oil and Gas, and the GNPC.
- Jubilee Field Overview" Anadarko Petroleum, December 2010.
- Anadarko highlights Ghana operations" Ghana Business and Finance, retrieved 14 February 2011
- Our Assets:Ghana" Kosmos Energy, retrieved 14 February 2012.
- Anadarko Hits Oil in Ghana Again" Zacks, 19 January 2012.
- Anadarko to Move Deep-Water Rig From Ghana, Transocean Says" Bloomberg, 18 October 2011.