|Type||Public Limited Company|
|Traded as||NYSE: KOS|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas (US)|
|Key People||Mr. Brian F. Maxted (CEO and President)|
|Products||Oil and gas exploration.|
Kosmos Energy Ltd engages in exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas in Africa. As of 2011 it was the holder of five licenses in Ghana, Cameroon and Morocco. The company was involved in the discovery of the Jubilee Field in Ghana, which established a new, significant oil province in offshore Ghana.
Kosmos is partially owned by private equity firm the Blackstone Group. In January 2011 the company announced plans to offer up to $500 million of its shares in an initial public offering (IPO), with the money destined for new exploration activity through to 2013.
Official Accreditations and Global Perceptions
As of February 2011 Kosmos Energy was not an EITI supporting company.
UN Global Compact
As of 2011 Kosmos Energy did not participate in the UN Global Compact.
- In 2011 Kosmos, in partnership with NGO Teachers Against Malaria Epidemic (TAME), launched a three-month anti-malaria campaign at Beyin in the Jomoro District of the Western region of Ghana, dubbed the "Kosmos Energy Anti-Malaria Campaign".
- In September 2011 Kosmos presented a cheque worth US $2000 to the Ghanaian Navy to sponsor a member of the armed forces to pursue an eight-month postgraduate study program at the International Marine Law Institute in the US, as part of their social responsibility program.
- In 2010 Kosmos was investigated for corruption charges by US and Ghanaian officials, following allegations that the company's local partner in Ghana EO had used its links to government officials to secure favourable deals in the country's nascent oil industry. Kosmos denies the claims.
Global Operations by Country
Main article: Kosmos Energy Operations in Ghana
- Kosmos Energy Ltd" Bloomberg, retrieved 13 February 2011
- Contact" Kosmos Energy, retrieved 13 February 2011
- "Company Profile" Kosmos Energy, retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "KOSMOS ENERGY MAY INVEST $ 750 MILLION IN GHANA" AEDI, retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Kosmos Plans for IPO" Wall Street Journal, 15 January 2011.
- "Cameroon" EITI, retrieved 14 February 2011.
- "Kosmos Declared War on Malaria" Modern Ghana, retrieved 14 February 2011.
- "COSMOS Energy sponsors Naval Officer for studies in the USA." Ghana Armed Forces, retrieved 14 February 2011.
- "Kosmos Energy Under Investigation for Corruption in Ghana" Ghana Business News, 8 January 2010.