National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company
The National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC) was formed in March 1991 on the principle of separating Iran's upstream activities, and undertook to perform all operations relating to refining and distributing oil products. The NIORDC is one of the four main subsidiaries of the Ministry of Petroleum, along with the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC), the National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC), the National Iranian Petrochemical Company (NIPC). The company is headquartered in Iran's capital, Tehran, and its managing director as of January 2012 was Alireza Zeiqami.
The NIORDC is active in both the upstream and downstream sectors, and its competencies include the refining of crude oil, the transfer and distribution of oil products, and the engineering and construction of oil refinery installations. The NIORDC also provides fuel and feed for different industrial sectors, including agriculture, power plants and petrochemical complexes, as well as provide for private domestic consumption. As of 2011, the NIORDC had a production capacity of 1.6 million barrels per day (bpd).
The NIORDC has 19 subsidiaries of its own, including the National Iranian Oil Products Distribution Company, the Management of Construction & Development of "CNG" Stations Company, the National Iranian Oil Engineering and Construction Company, the Oil Pipeline and Telecommunication Company, and the Oil Refining Company. Through these subsidiaries the NIORDC manages nine oil refineries, 14,000 kilometers of crude oil and oil product transfer pipelines, 150 pumping stations, and Iran's storage tank installations, which have a capacity of 8 billion liters. The NIORDC also manages the Iranian oil industry's telecommunications network.
NIGC website: en.niordc.ir/index.aspx?siteid=77&pageid=536
- "National Iranian Oil Refining & Distribution Company" NIORDC website, Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Company Profile" NIORDC website, Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Islamic Republic of Iran" Oil & Gas Directory Middle East, 2011.
- "National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company" Energy Business Review, Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Ahmadinejad: Iran to Turn into Major Gasoline Exporter" Fars News Agency, 2 January 2012.
- "National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company" Iran Energy Site, Retrieved 23 January 2012.