This article about overview of IOCs in Niger is a stub. You can help to improve the wiki guide by expanding it.
Niger only became an oil-producing nation in 2011. As of March 2012 the only international oil company (IOC) currently producing oil and gas in Niger was Chinese company China National Petroleum Corporation. The Russian company Gazprom and the Algerian company Sonatrach have both held licences to explore the Niger's reserves, whilst US company Hunt Petroleum and Canadian company TVI Pacific Inc. had been involved with exploration activities but have since withdrawn.
- ↑ "Oil, Uranium Projects Brighten Medium-term Prospects in Niger" International Monetary Fund, retrieved 25 March 2012.
- ↑ "Niger Becomes Self-Sufficient with Refinery Launch" Daily Times, retrieved 2 April 2012.
- ↑ "Niger grants uranium permits to Russian Gazprombank" Reuters Africa, retrieved 4 April 2012.
- ↑ "Our International Operations" Sonatrach, retrieved 5 April 2012.
- ↑ "Niger sets out on new oil journey" Upstream, retrieved 5 April 2012.
- ↑ "TVI Pacific Inc. Withdraws From Niger Exploration Program" TVI Pacific Inc., retrieved 5 April 2012.