|Want to teach yourself about IOCs and NOCs?||"Teach Yourself Oil" Companies and Markets|
|Industry||Oil and Gas|
|Key people||Clifford James (President and CEO)|
|Products||Precious Metals and Petroleum.|
|Services||Exploration, Production and Acquisition of Resource Projects.|
|Operating income||US$5.6 million|
|Net income||US$3.5 million|
Current Global Profile
TVI Pacific Inc. is a publicly-traded Canadian company that is focused on the production, development, exploration and acquisition of natural resources in the Philippines. As of 2011, TVI was producing copper and zinc concentrates from its Canatuan mine in the Philippines, was in a pre-development phase at its Balabag gold and silver project (Philippines) and was carrying out exploration programs on its other North Zamboanga concession areas (Philippines). In January 2012, TVI ended its oil exploration activities in Niger. TVI retains an interest in an offshore Philippine oil property.
Company Report Highlights
TVI Pacific Inc. reported a fall in net income from US$ 11.3 million in 2010 to US$ 3.5 million in 2011. The fall was attributed to the firm’s increased expenditures; including mining and milling expenses, and the additional expenses assumed from the acquisition of the Canadian oil and gas company TG World Energy Corp. in March 2011.
EITI Supporter Status
As of March 2012, TVI Pacific Inc. was not a supporter company of the EITI.
UN Global Compact
As of March 2012, TVI Pacific was not a participant in the UN Global Compact.
TVI Pacific Inc. claim to adopt the best practices in human rights, health, environment and respect for and development of the host community. Their commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility in the Philippines was highlighted during the 2011 Presidential Mineral Industry Environmental Awards held during the 2011 National Mine Safety and Environment Conference in Baguio City. TVI Resource Development (Philippines) was presented with awards for:
- "Excellence in Environmental Management"
- "Safest Mining Operation"
- "Safest Surface Mining Operation"
- "Safest Mineral Processing, Concentrator Category"
Global Operations by Country
Main article: TVI Pacific Operations in Niger
- "TVI Pacific Inc." Bullion Street, retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Management" TVI Pacific Inc., retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Annual Report" TVI Pacific Inc., retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "TVI Pacific Inc. Withdraws From Niger Exploration Program" TVI Pacific Inc., retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Philippines" TVI Pacific Inc., retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "TVI Pacific posts profit drop on higher processing costs" Business World, retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Quadrants of Development" TVI Pacific Inc., retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "TVIRD Declared “The Best Of The Best” In Presidential Mineral Industry Environmental And Safety Awards" TVI Pacific Inc., retrieved 5 April 2012.