Tullow Oil Operations in Ghana
According to Ghana Business News the company’s recent exploratory successes in the Jubilee and adjoining fields have made Ghana one of their most important concessions worldwide.
In Ghana Tullow operates through its subsidiary, 'Tullow Ghana Limited' and has interests in two exploration blocks at Deepwater Tano and West Cape Three Points. Tullow is operator of the Jubilee Field, straddling both blocks.
In July 2011 Tullow acquired the Ghanaian interests of EO Group Limited for $305 million, increasing the company's interest in the West Cape Three Points license area by 3.5% to 26.4%, and increasing the interest at the Jubilee Field by 1.75% to 36.5%.
Tullow also has a 49.95% interest in the Deepwater Tano license are, including the Enyenra and Tweneboa fields. In October 2011 Tullow signed a one-year contract with services company Seadrill Limited to secure its deepwater semi-submersible rig 'West Leo' for its operations at the Tano offshore block.
Tullow published its petroleum agreements for the Deepwater Tano and WCTP contract areas in May 2011, available on the company website.
As part of Tullow's Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme (TGSS), Tullow was to offer 50 scholarships to Ghanaian nationals. Ten of the available scholarships were set aside for scholars from the six coastal districts of the Western region bordering the Jubilee Field.
Ghana's Energy Minister said that he hoped the scheme would give practical meaning to the country's quest for indigenization of the work force in the oil and gas industry.
- ↑ “A brief timeline” Tullow Oil, retrieved 10 February 2012.
- ↑ “TULLOW OIL PLC” Bloomberg, retrieved 10 February 2012.
- ↑ “Tullow Oil trains Ghanaian engineers” Ghana Business News, 20 March 2009.
- ↑ “About Tullow Ghana” Tullow Oil, retrieved 10 February 2012.
- ↑ “Tullow Moves to Develop Tweneboa, Enyera Discoveries” Ghana Oil Watch, retrieved 10 February 2012.
- ↑ “Another Ghana Oil Strike for Tullow” Petroleum Economist, retrieved 10 February 2012.
- ↑ “Petroleum Agreements” Tullow Oil Ghana, 19 May 2011.
- ↑ “Tullow Oil Launches Scholarship Scheme” Ghana News Agency, 25 January 2012 2012.